Motorola Droid X Email Setup
Follow the steps listed below to setup Personal email accounts.
Personal Email, POP3 / IMAP4 accounts
To setup email on your DROID X once you have already set-up your handset, follow directions below. If you are adding an email account during your handset's initial startup, skip down to Set-up accounts menu (Step #3) for same menu.
- Open Applications tray, select My Accounts
- Select Add Account
- You will be at the Set-Up accounts menu with several other social network icons.
- Select Email icon
- Enter your full email address, including domain name in all lower case.
- Enter your email provider password.
- Leave Automatically configure account checked.
- Tap on Next. Handset will connect to your email server and state "Success!" if account was set-up correctly.
During the connection, you may be asked to complete a manual set-up if your email provider is not recognized, your email address/password is incorrect, or if your email provider has restrictions on mobile email set-up. Please check with your email provider to obtain any of that detail. You will need your password, login name, POP3 or IMAP
port, and server settings to complete a Manual set-up. If you have this information ready, proceed to next section regarding Manual
setup. We have listed a chart of manual settings for some POP3/IMAP email providers at the bottom of this FAQ, click here
If prompted for manual setup, touch Manual setup.
You can also get into manual setup by unchecking Automatically configure account
after you entered your email address and password.
- Touch General Settings, confirm information in all General Settings fields are correct. Make any necessary changes, then select OK to exit this menu.
- Touch Incoming Server.
- Select IMAP or POP3 Mail Server, depending on your email provider's information.
- Enter the server name
- Activate check on either or both Use Secure connection and Verify Certificate (you may need to send a test mail after set-up to confirm these settings. If can't receive after set-up, uncheck Use secure connection and refresh)
- Enter you email provider's Port # (POP, port 110)
- Enter / Confirm your username (only use the full address if it is a Email Hosting domain)
- Enter / Confirm your email Password
- Tap on OK
- Select Outgoing Server
- Enter SMTP server
- Activate check on either or both Use Secure connection and Verify Certificate (you may need to send a test mail after set-up to confirm these settings). If can't send after set-up, uncheck Use secure connection and refresh)
- Enter Port #
- Enter or just confirm your Username (bot the @runbox.com part, only use full email address for Email Hosting)
- Enter or just confirm your email account Password if already displayed.
- Tap on OK
- Tap on Other Settings
- Select length of time messages will be kept on handset. (1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, Never Delete Messages)
- Tap on OK
- Tap on OK again to submit your email set-up.
Your account is now set-up. Please test sending and receiving an email.
- You may need to go back and change security settings (Use secure connection) on the account to send / receive email. If can't send/receive after set-up, uncheck Use secure connection and send another test email.
- If unable to connect and set-up account, turn off Wi-Fi and try again on 3G only. If already on 3G, turn on Wi-Fi and re-try.
- If account is set-up but you are not receiving or not able to send email, check our ConnectionProblems page.
Topic revision: r2 - 05 Feb 2011 - 19:08:11 - KimSErvik