IMAP for Microsoft Outlook
To set up Microsoft Outlook with Runbox Mail Manager, follow the step-by-step instructions below. Please note that the setup process and dialog boxes on your computer may vary from what is shown here, depending on what version of Microsoft Windows and Outlook you are using (these instructions apply directly to Outlook 2002 on a Windows XP platform).
1. Start Outlook using for instance the Start menu. Click Tools in the toolbar at the top of your screen, and select E-mail Accounts. You will get a dialog box similar to this. Select the radio button for Add a new e-mail account, and click Next to continue.
2. In the dialog box that appears, select the radio button for IMAP, and click Next to continue.
3. In the next dialog box that appears, enter your name and email address as you want it to appear in all your outgoing email messages under User Information. Also enter your username and password under Logon Information. Then enter “imap.runbox.com” in the field for Incoming mail server (IMAP), and “smtp.runbox.com” as Outgoing mail server (SMTP
). Leave the box for Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) unchecked. Click More Settings.
4. Runbox now uses SMTP
authentication to secure our server against abuse. To specify this, click Outgoing Server tab.
5. Check the box for My outgoing server (SMTP
) requires authentication, and click Connection tab.
6. Select the way in which you connect to the Internet; by your phone line, a local area network, or manually. Please consult your Internet Service Provider or your system administrator for more information. Click Advanced tab.
7. Many Internet Service Providers block port 25. Therefore, it is recommended to change the value in the field for Outgoing server (SMTP
) to 26. Enter Inbox in the field for Root folder path, and click OK. This will return back to the E-mail Accounts dialog box. Click Next to continue.
8. Click Finish to save the data you have entered.
9. You have now successfully set up Outlook to retrieve email from Runbox. Click Tools in the toolbar at the top of your screen, and select E-mail Accounts. Select the radio button for View or change existing e-mail accounts, and click Next to continue.
10. The new Outlook account will appear under "E-mail Accounts" as "imap.runbox.com". With the new account selected, click the Set as Default button to the right (this will make your Runbox email address appear automatically on your outgoing email messages).
The set up of Outlook with Runbox Mail Manager is now complete. If you later want to change the information you entered, select the "imap.runbox.com" account and click Change.
By default Outlook XP saves all sent messages in the local Sent Items folder under Personal Folders, and there is no global setting to change the Sent Items folder path. For a more seamless and robust IMAP client, Outlook Express is recommended.